Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
At Palms Imaging Women’s Center, we believe women deserve a place created for them, where they can feel confident, comfortable, and safe knowing that they will receive highly specialized diagnostic services in a warm-hearted, caring environment. Our breast cancer screening program is designed to provide a personalized experience for all women.
Did You Know:
- Your individual risk of developing breast cancer can be as low as 1-2% or as high as 75-80%
- At Palms Imaging we first calculate your personal breast cancer risk and then create a screening program that is just right for you
- Personalized breast cancer risk assessment
- Advanced technology to find cancer even in dense breasts
- Supplemental breast ultrasound
- Abbreviated breast MRI – a shortened version of the standard MRI – to help detect early stage breast cancer with highest sensitivity (Not covered by insurance)
- On-site fellowship-trained radiologists
The American Cancer Society recommends annual screening mammograms for the early detection of breast cancer.
Our radiologists, technologists, and staff are specially trained in the performance and interpretation of your exams, and all breast imaging studies are reviewed by our fellowship-trained breast radiologist. As always, we accommodate STAT studies and rapid report delivery.
Breast Imaging Services
- 3D mammography
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Abbreviated breast MRI (AB-MR)
- MRI guided biopsy
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- Ultrasound-guided breast biopsy
Breast Cancer Facts:
- 1 in 8 women will have breast cancer in their lifetime.1
- Screening from age 40 is key, as every 1 in 6 women has breast cancer during age 40-49.1
- Screening should start earlier than age 40 for high risk group.1
- Supplemental ultrasound or abbreviated MRI has higher sensitivity in detecting breast cancer.2
Genetic factors Associated with Breast Cancer:
- 12% of the general population has high lifetime breast cancer risk.3-4
- Currently, 70% of women with a history of breast cancer, who meet criteria do not receive genetic testing.5
- 20% of the population has family history of breast cancer.3-4
Palms Imaging Center provides SoftTouch Mammo technology for its patients, which allows technicians to provide a gentle approach when performing Mammography.
Accredited by the American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- American Cancer Society, www.cancer.org
- Abbreviated Breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging (AB-MR): First Postcontrast Subtracted Images and Maximum-Intensity Projection – A Novel Approach Breast Cancer Screening with MRI, Journal of Clinical Oncology © 2019 American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Bonafedeet al. 2019. Breast, Cervical, and Colorectal Cancer Screening AJPM
- Duffy et al. 2020. Mammography screening reduces rates of advanced and fatal breast cancers.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5707208/